Gears of War 2 Suggestions
Come one come all, let’s start a Gears of War 2 suggestion box. I know, Epic’s official site has one but I want to start a list because I have some issues with this near-perfect Xbox 360 game, in multiplayer mode.
1. First and foremost, I’ve never in my life seen so many quitters in one place. If people don’t like the ranked match they’re playing, they’ll quit, leaving you and your teammates high and dry. This really rubs me the wrong way, so let’s let people join a ranked game in progress like the non-ranked games – please!
2. The advantage the host has over others is insane because their ping times are way better. If you host a match, you’ve got a better chance of winning. I’ve approached many enemies and blasted them with one shot, no problem. It’s like you’re always a half second ahead of everyone else.
3. Better weapon balance. The game should be called Shotguns of War or Gears of Frag-Taggers, in my opinion. Tactical movement isn’t really in the code for this IP, so it’s pretty easy to be taken down before you were even aware you were down in the first place. Lose the sniper rifle and offer more balanced mid-range weaponry.
4. Maturity levels of the players are lower in Gears than the green toilet bowl water in a motel bathroom of a crack user. I want to enjoy talking to my teammates without the swearing, trash talking, bad singing, gangsta’ rap, and wining. Solution? Choose your age demographic you want to play in before you start your matches. I’m over 30 now and I want to play with 30 year olds. Also, I want to choose the speaking language of the people you want to talk to. I only speak English so when I’m in a room of Spanish, Italian or French speaking players, there’s some obvious language barriers there. “√âl est√° all√°!!…” What?
5. More players on the team. How about 8 per team? By the time Gears 2 comes out, perhaps the developers will unravel more mysteries of the 360′s code, and we can enjoy a broader team base. Rounds are too quick because there’s few too many people allowed to play.
6. A sealed map is a playable map. Yeah, Gears’ has a lot of glitches. Most of those reside in the ability to float around the map, hide and shoot where one wouldn’t usually hide, and slows the game down as we wait for Mc Joe to finish his 20 minute excursion to the very edge of Gears universe. A few cheats need to be addressed too, like the run ‘n gun or chainsawing yourself, although that’s only cheating yourself.
7. Lastly, Connection issues. It takes a good 3-4 tries before I can successfully connect to a match. Also, when people quit a game, why should we have to sit around and wait for that dialog box to go away? If someone leaves in other games I’ve played, they just leave and it says so on the screen.
Gears of War is an excellent game, it is definitely one of my all time favorites. I’m just hoping part two is a little more polished.Tags: gears of war 2